Science is a core subject within the National Curriculum. At Lostock Gralam, we aim to develop children's understanding of Science through practical and hands on enquiry based learning. Children's curiosity is encouraged and valued in the classroom.
Our Science Curriculum enables the children to develop their knowledge and understanding of Scientific ideas, processes and skills. Each year group teaches Science topics, as set out in the National Curriculum.
Through our Science curriculum we aim to:
- Develop a positive attitude towards Science and ensure that children can see the relevance in everyday life.
- Ensure children have the opportunity to investigate,
- Give children the confidence and ability in scientific knowledge and skills.
- Develop Mathematical skills and enable children to see links to other areas of the Curriculum.
- Emphasise and develop the use of Scientific vocabulary to allow children to communicate their ideas.
- Allow children to communicate their findings in a variety of ways.
- Encourage children to work independently and cooperatively with others.
We ensure full coverage of the Science National Curriculum by following the topics and objectives in the current Programmes of Study.
To find out more about the Science objectives being covered and the topics covered in each year group please download the attached files.